Submit Your Proposal Today!
SIA is looking for engaging and informative sessions at GovSummit, the Security Industry Association's annual government security conference held in Washington, D.C., and scheduled for June 2, 2020.
Attended by over 300 public and private sector professionals and supported by more than 30 exhibitor and sponsor organizations, GovSummit delivers engaging, commercial-free discussions on emerging policy trends, technology needs of the government and changes in the risk environment that shape development of products and advanced systems integration to meet evolving security challenges.
This will include 8-10 sessions that are up to 45 minutes in length. Formats can be either individual presentations, workshops, panel discussions, and/or interview-style sessions.
You are invited to submit your winning proposal today! SIA GovSummit is particularly interested in proposals from government officials, departments and programs.
SIA will be accepting submissions through Thursday, January 30, 2020.
|Submission Deadline||January 30, 2020|
|Acceptance Notification||February 21, 2020|
|Conference||June 2, 2020|
By organizing a panel for the SIA GovSummit, you will:
- Receive free registration for the summit for all speakers (SIA cannot cover travel costs, lodging and related expenses)
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of your industry and government peers
- Gain professional and personal recognition as a subject matter expert
- Expand your professional network and build strategic partnerships
- Enhance name recognition of your agency or company in the industry’s premier government security conference
Proposal Review, Selection & Notification
Proposals are evaluated and will be selected on the basis of the following criteria. Government presenters are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must relate to existing or emerging federal, state or local government policy (regulations, legislation, executive orders, contracting rules, funding, procurement trends, technology initiatives, etc.), its impact on the security industry, or how industry trends are or will be driving policy.
- Must offer commercial-free and vendor-neutral content.
- Must not closely duplicate sessions from the 2018 and 2019 programs.
Conference Topics and Themes
Topics/content should fall under one or more of these broad areas:
- Contracting & Procurement
- Proposed Legislation & Regulations
- Regulatory Compliance
- State & Local Policy Trends
- Protecting Government Facilities
- Standards, Codes or Best Practices Development
- Law Enforcement & First Responder Technology
- Emerging Technologies for the Government Sector
Speakers/panel organizers are responsible for performing the following in 2020 in a timeframe set by SIA:
- Secure the participation of any panelists
- Coordinate session planning, with support from SIA as needed.
- Provide any presentation content ahead of the event
- Actively promote registration for GovSummit among potential participants
Resources and Support
Past GovSummit programs provide examples of panel topics and speakers, as well as some information that was presented.
How to Submit a Proposal
Proposals must include the following information:
- Topic description (up to 200 words)
- Speaker(s) (name, title, organization)
- Date and name of the event or conference where the session was previously presented, if applicable
The call for proposals is open to all government employees, industry professionals, consultants, security practitioners and all experts in the areas of government security and government policy.