Submit Your Proposal Today!
SIA GovSummit 2023 is Going to Be Another “Can’t Miss”!
The Security Industry Association (SIA) is looking for engaging and informative speakers and sessions for the 2023 SIA GovSummit, SIA's annual government security conference. SIA GovSummit 2023 will be held two-day event on May 16 and 17 in Washington, D.C.
Attended each year by hundreds of public- and private-sector professionals, SIA GovSummit delivers engaging, commercial-free discussions with invaluable insights on emerging policy trends, technology needs of the government and changes in the risk environment that shape development of products and advanced systems integration to meet evolving security challenges.
Session formats can be individual presentations, workshops, panel discussions and/or interview-style conversations.
You are cordially to bring your knowledge and expertise to the GovSummit stage. Submit your winning proposal today!
SIA GovSummit is particularly interested in proposals from government officials, departments and programs.
Session proposals for SIA GovSummit 2023 are due Friday, January 27.
SIA will review each proposal and consider it for inclusion on either day of the GovSummit event.
As a session organizer for the 2023 SIA GovSummit, you will:
- Receive free GovSummit registration for all speakers in the session
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of your industry and government peers
- Gain professional and personal recognition as a subject matter expert
- Expand your professional network and build strategic partnerships
- Enhance the name recognition of your agency or company at the industry’s premier government security conference
Proposal Review, Selection & Notification
Proposals are evaluated and will be selected on the basis of the following criteria. Government presenters are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must relate to existing or emerging federal, state or local government policy (regulations, legislation, executive orders, contracting rules, funding, procurement trends, technology initiatives, etc.), its impact on the security industry or how industry trends are or will be driving policy
- Must offer commercial-free and vendor-neutral content
- Must not closely duplicate sessions from the 2022 program
Conference Topics and Themes
Topics/content should fall under one or more of these broad areas:
- Contracting and procurement
- Proposed legislation and regulations
- Regulatory compliance
- State and local policy trends
- Protecting government facilities
- Standards, codes or best practices development
- Law enforcement and first responder technology
- Emerging technologies for the government sector
Speakers/panel organizers are responsible for performing the following in a time frame set by SIA:
- Secure the participation of any panelists
- Coordinate session planning, with support from SIA as needed
- Provide any presentation content ahead of the event
- Actively promote registration for SIA GovSummit among potential participants
Resources and Support
Past GovSummit programs provide examples of panel topics and speakers, as well as some information that was presented.
How to Submit a Proposal
Proposals must include the following information:
- Session title and topic description (up to 200 words)
- Speaker(s) (name, title, organization)
- Session structure and length
- Date and name of the event or conference where the session was previously presented, if applicable
The call for proposals is open to all government employees, industry professionals, consultants, security practitioners and experts in the areas of government security and government policy.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.